Ken Davis is an highly sought after motivational speaker & trainer, author, broadcaster, podcaster, and hilariously serious funny guy,
Paul and Ken discuss Ken’s passion that business and ministry professionals have experienced at his entertaining and value packed Scorre and Launch conferences and many books like Secrets of Dynamic Communication and Fully Alive which, by the way, was made into a movie.
This will inspire and train you in the Art and Business of Public Speaking so you can be Fully Alive and Communicate Effectively.
Click Message to Tweet: Ken Davis discusses How to be Fully Alive and Communicate Effectively? on The God Zone Show!
Sheila’s Shofar – Today’s Call to Action – Tip of the Day
- Today – Find the Joy in Everything – check it out – my call to action tip for the day.
Conversation with Ken Davis
Amazing Snippets of Wisdom from Ken:
Meditate on these Guest Quotes to see the useful wisdom that might come from God’s voice and resonate with your heart and be implemented today on your journey.
- True communication, which is what I think we are really all about, ends with people’s lives being changed in some way even if it’s a small step in one direction.
- I still believe with all my heart that there can be an ultimate purpose found in these little truths along the way or you choose one and unpack it for people with an amount of information that people are able to handle, that people are able to absorb.
- Whether you are a preacher, teacher, or professional speaker, less is better. Focus is better than a shotgun of information.
- “I have a conviction that no sermon is ready for preaching, not ready for writing out until we can express its theme in a short pregnant sentence as clear as crystal. I find that the getting of that sentence is the hardest, most exacting, our most fruitful labor of my study.” – JH Jowett
- When you communicate with children, especially teenagers, you’ve got to read between the lines you find out what they really mean.
Key Points Discussed:
- S. C.O.R.R.E. process of communication
- S- Subject
- C- Central Theme
- O- Objective
- R- Rational
- R- Resources
- E- Evaluation
- The SCORRE Conference
- Use of Humor in communication
Epiphany or Miracle Story:
- Ken’s Fully Alive story of discovery and revival.
Ken’s Take-Away Wisdom that leads to action today:
- Seek to answer the question, “What is the ultimate purpose of my life? Is it big enough so that it can not be taken from me?”
Below you will find links to resources that I think you will find valuable to take your work and life to the next level. Some of the links are Affiliate Links which means that when you choose to make a purchase, you are providing support for the work of The God Zone Show as a commission will be earned. This commission comes at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support. pdj
The Art and Business of Public Speaking – Ken’s podcast
Writings on eloquence by Richard Allen Farmer
A Preacher, His Life and Work by John Henry Jowett
Funny videos by Ken Davis like this one
Surprised by Joy: The Shaped of My Early Life by CS Lewis and his other works
Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life by Anne Lamott
Connect with Ken Davis
Other Related Episodes You Might Like
- GZS 024: Brian Holmes – Be Healed … Be Transformed
- GZS 036: Joel Boggess – How to Find Your God Inspired Voice
- GZS 046: Linkedin to Earn More & Help Others Know God with John Nemo
Connect with Paul
Help by Rating and Reviewing The God Zone Show on iTunes
Link to GSZ on Stitcher for Android